The General Intellectual Gifted Education Program identifies and provides services to students who demonstrate:
- superior reasoning;
- persistent intellectual curiosity;
- advanced use of language;
- exceptional problem solving skills;
- rapid acquisition and mastery of facts, concepts, and principles; and
- creative and imaginative expression across a broad range of intellectual disciplines beyond their age-level peers.
Students may be referred for consideration throughout the academic year by their parent, guardian, or teacher. Middle and high school students may also refer themselves for the program. Students in grades 3-12 who wish to be identified and hope to start the program in January 2024 must be referred no later than October 13, 2023. For more information, please contact your child’s school counselling office.